Pages

Sunday 24 February 2013

Oscar Oscar

Oscar night is a great night to be a cinemaphile, and this year was no exception. Kudos to Seth MacFarlane for doing a great job of hosting and bringing a little irreverence (without being disrespectful) to the proceedings.

My predictions below were OK. I actually did better when looking at my 'full' ballot where I nailed most of the lesser categories. I missed a few of the big ones, including Picture, Original Screenplay, Actor and Supporting Actor. On the plus side, though, I called the upset in the Director category (way to go ANG LEE!!!). I was very glad to be wrong in the Supporting categories, as my two "should wins" came through. Very pleased for Christoph Waltz who was more than deserving of winning his second Oscar. He was brilliant.

I would have been ecstatic if Les Miserables took home the big prize, as it was my favourite film of the year, but having Argo win was a pretty good consolation prize.

Seriously, isn't Quvenzhané Wallis freaking adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment