Pages

Sunday 30 November 2014

John Fogerty

Most of you will know Mr. Fogerty as the lead singer of Creedence Clearwater Revival, once of those iconic groups that ruled the 60's and early 70's.

Before the show, a video production was played detailing the year 1969 and all the craziness that happened that year; from Vietnam protests to Woodstock. What a bizarre time it was. I'm sure people living during that time didn't realize it at the time; but it's not likely we'll ever see another period of time quite like that one.

The show started about a half hour late, but Fogerty came out with verve and energy that belies his 69 years. The man can play guitar; of course, he's been doing it for 50 years so I guess he should be good at it by now!

 
 

This is the first time I've ever seen him in concert. In fact, I honestly wouldn't have recognized him if he came up to me on the street and punched me in the face. I like CCR and know all of their big hits, but I wouldn't say I was passionate about them. I'm a little moreso after this great concert. Two and a half hours later, when he finally wrapped up the show with Proud Mary, I'm not sure who was more exhausted; him or me. Actually I'm pretty sure it was me!!






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment