Pages

Saturday 4 August 2018

Vacation Blog IX, Part V, are we really going home tomorrow???

....I think I may just bar the door to our hotel room and refuse to leave.

6:30 AM - Up a bit earlier today for no particular reason, but feel like I slept well. We have no specific plans today until lunch at the Blue Bayou at 12:50, but we intend on heading into Disneyland to finish up a few things we haven’t yet done....and there are still a few things on our list for DCA as well, so today is likely to be a busy day.

Off to the parks to hit a few more rides that we have missed so far, take another ride on Space Mountain, and do a tremendous amount of shopping. We are doing our part for the economy, that is for sure. I guarantee we are better for the US Economy than Donald Fucking Trump is.

12:50 - We get seated at a table near the water at the Blue Bayou for our lunch reservation. The ambiance here is unparalleled, but it wouldn’t be the success that it is if not for the food. Tracey orders a chicken dish which is very tasty (albeit just a tad spicy for her admittedly). My lunch, a salmon dish with a tomato and caper relish, white cheddar mashed potatoes and a basil beurre blanc, is perhaps the best salmon dish I have ever eaten. If not, it’s in the top 2-3. Sublime.

3:15 PM - Back to the room to rest a bit and decompress from a busy morning. The wife is having a nap. I tried to nap too, but it didn’t take. One of those instances where I feel like I’m tired enough to sleep but my body says “not so fast, fat boy!!!!”.

I will let the wife sleep for a little while, we still have a ton to do tonight but the more rested she is, the better chance that Grumpy Bear stays hibernating tonight.

5:00 PM - She is up and we are getting ready to go back to Carthay Circle. We are not going to be able to sit down for dinner but we aren’t that hungry anyway so we don’t care, we are going to go to their lounge and have some nibbles and wine. We have a Fastpass for the Radiator Springs Racers at 7:10 so we don’t have a ton of time anyway.

We get a great table and perhaps the world’s best waiter, Kevin. He could not be friendlier, could not be more efficient, even bringing us a couple glasses of Chardonnay as samples to compare against the Chardonnay we had ordered to accompany our cheese plate. We had intended to partake in some more Opus One but honestly we were out of time and didn’t want to be rushed. Perhaps next time! Actually not “PERHAPS”. DEFINITELY next time.

This was a great experience, and at the end of it, Contented Bear was out in full force. Our favourite member of the Bear family! :)

For the first time ever, I lost at Radiator Springs Racers. It means exactly nothing, of course, I am sure it is just a random finish, but we were 5-0 before tonight. I am pretty sure I’ve never lost at ANYTHING before, in my life, EVER. So this is what it feels like. I don’t care for it much. I will make sure I never lose at anything again.

I am not sure why my wife is laughing so hard at that.

9:15 PM - The Paint the Night Parade, which started at 8:50, finally makes it’s way to us. We have seen a variation of this parade before, but it has been altered and updated and it is really quite spectacular.

After the parade, one more ride, our 3rd experience with Soarin’ Around the World, and then it is time to say goodnight. We will be back into this park tomorrow morning for one more ride, maybe two, if plans work out.

10:30 PM - Back in the room and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ time for sleep. Thankfully these beds are incredibly comfortable, making a good night’s sleep almost a certainty. And we need it. I need it. I am too old for this shit.

While I update the blog and prepare for sleep, Tracey is finishing up the packing. And by “finishing up”, I mean “undoing everything I have already done and re-doing it to her satisfaction”.

Tomorrow we are going to take the relaxation up to 11, with a nearly full day at a Cabana before we fly home tomorrow night. And first, breakfast with Mickey at Storyteller’s Cafe!



No comments:

Post a Comment