Pages

Sunday 20 January 2019

Vacation Blog XI, Part III: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL????

8:00 AM - That is an acceptable sleep in while on vacation. Approved.

Today is a bunch of nothing but relaxation and screaming at NFL referees if they do anything to screw the Chiefs tonight. So many reasons that this is the biggest game of the year.

1. I like the Chiefs
2. I detest the Patriots like a sickness
3. We win $2000 if Chiefs win the Super Bowl

So those are pretty good reasons that we are very motivated for a Chiefs win tonight.

Up until then, I don't know that we are going to do much. The first game, Rams vs. Saints, starts at Noon so we will watch that too of course, and we will do so from the comfort of our living room and 60" 4K TV. This hotel really is special.

Oh, and the one thing I actually needed to buy from the mall yesterday - socks - was the one thing I didn't buy. Moron. Might have to make a return trip this morning, or maybe tomorrow.

I didn't mention yesterday that one of the things I DID buy was a kick ass wooden block for my knives. This store ships anything for free if you spend over $60. Since I am not about to take a huge, heavy, wooden knife block on a plane, I had it shipped to my package place in Sumas. I wonder if they considered how much it would cost them to ship an item that heavy?? Oh well, good for me, bad for them.

8:35 AM - Discombobulated Bear makes her first appearance of the trip, as Tracey stumbles to the fridge, retrieves a water, and shuffles back to bed.

She isn't back to bed for long, however, as shortly after she gets up and we peruse the breakfast menu. She orders while I hop into the tub for a short soak. What a bathtub. Not totally sure how to describe it; we've been in bigger tubs, but this one seems to be just perfect. You can almost sit diaganolly in it, guaranteeing the most comfortable soak. Bliss.

Breakfast arrives and is terrific, as you might expect. At this point, the only thing that would surprise me would be something here NOT being great.

The wife heads back to bed for a little nap while I watch some TV. It's just nice to sit and relax for a while.

Noon: The Rams/Saints game begins and the wife is still asleep. She is sleeping so soundly that I think I'll let her sleep for a while. Besides, I'm opening up the Austrian Riesling so the longer she sleeps, the more wine for ME :)

12:45 PM - OK she has missed the entire first quarter, so I should probably wake her up at this point. She is less than thrilled but gets up begrudgingly.

7:45 PM - So, we had some great food and wine but both football games were a fucking disaster lead by the terrible NFL referees, so I am giving up for today. If any of you want to get me a late Xmas present, please murder Tom Brady, his wife, his children, and everyone who has ever met him. I would appreciate that.

If there are any Patriots fans reading this, please enjoy this blog and then kill yourself and your family as well. You are too stupid and crooked to live. And if you happen to know 3-4 more Patriots fans and want to eliminate them as well, we would all appreciate it.

Thanks.

Tomorrow, my beautiful wife's birthday, will be a better day.



No comments:

Post a Comment