Pages

Sunday 11 December 2011

Two weeks from today???

Wow, how does time fly......Xmas is two weeks from today, which means two weeks and two days from now we are off to DISNEYLAND!!! WOOOOOO!!! I finally broke down and told Tracey about the trip so she'd have time to prepare. I had to weigh the excitement of her finding out on Xmas morning (my original plan) with the panic that might have ensued if she needed to buy anything for the trip and the only day she could do that was BOXING DAY. Not a good idea.

Needless to say she was pretty excited when I told her about it :-)

The itinerary includes 5 nights at the Paradise Pier hotel on the Disney grounds, plus the Ducks/Canucks game on the 29th and Kings/Canucks game on New Year's Eve. It is the busiest time of year at Disneyland so we are prepared to take it easy, see the most important attractions, and just relax, relax, relax.

This hasn't been a great year; between Tracey's Dad passing away in April and my Dad being diagnosed with colon cancer a few weeks back, it's been stressful for both of us, and a wonderful vacation is EXACTLY what we need. There is no better place to finish off the year and start 2012!!

Speaking of my Dad, he has an appointment at the cancer clinic in Abbotsford tomorrow where we are going to discuss his treatment options. Whatever he decides, it will be nice to finally have some direction and we are all welcoming the opportunity to get to the next stage.

When I was in Cottonwood Mall the other day, I noticed they have an "Angel tree" with names and ages of some needy local children, where people have the opportunity to buy some Xmas gifts for kids who otherwise wouldn't have any. I was sad to notice that there were a ton of names still on the tree and only ONE gift actually returned to the bin; hoping that changes. Tracey and I are going to pick up one or two. We've been fortunate and it's only right to be able to help out a needy child. I can't imagine what it would be like to wake up Xmas morning and have no presents under the tree (or to not even have a tree).

Be sure to check out this space just after Xmas for my next Disney blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment