Pages

Saturday 9 April 2016

Vacation Blog VI: shopping and pooling and a whole lotta not much else

10:00 AM - If I sleep in until 10 AM, I'm sick, clearly. Not sure I feel any worse this morning but don't feel any better, either.

10:30 AM - Tracey is up and she's feeling OK so it's going to be up to me today. She makes a nice breakfast and I'm going to put on a brave face and try to make it through the day.

11:45 AM - We are off to Disney Springs, formerly known as Downtown Disney. It has been undergoing a massive refurbishment which is probably around 2/3 done at this point. There are parts of it that we don't recognize at all.

The only thing I really want to accomplish today is getting my hands on a Mint Chip Dazzler from Haagen-Dazs. But we can't find it! The damn thing is gone!

I might as well just lay down and die.

We do a little bit of shopping as there are tons of great shops here including a HUGE Disney Christmas Shop, After a few hours I am almost physically unable to walk back to the car. I think I was high on cold medication and the high is starting to wear off.

3:00 PM - Back at the resort and Tracey cooks up a little bit of lunch as I sit down to relax. I have to go to the Disney Springs website to confirm that my Haagen-Dazs has in fact been ripped away from me, only to find out it is NOT gone, just moved around the corner to the only section that we didn't explore. Dammit I guess we should have actually looked into it before we left.

Really enjoyed the new shopping area and there is still lots to come. It's going to be quite a destination when it's finally finished later this year.

3:45 PM - Tracey suggests I have a nice, hot bath and I decide to take her up on her offer. It really is a pretty damn good bath tub. In fact, it's so good I doze off a few times, and wake up covered in bubbles with my pillow halfway into the water. Thankfully nobody was there to document that moment for posterity. Feeling really lousy, it's all I can do to drag my ass from the tub to my bed which is about 12 feet away. I'm asleep in seconds and I have to really fight to force myself to get out of bed at .....

7:10 PM - ......I could have kept sleeping but at some point I'm going to have to go back to bed tonight and I doubt I can sleep for 16 hours straight. Tempting to give it a shot, though.

Spending the rest of the evening relaxing and watching the hockey scores. Some teams that had great chances soiled their bedsheets today (Boston, St. Louis). Hopefully the Kings don't do the same in the game they are playing right now.

Tomorrow we have most of the day to relax before heading back to the Magic Kingdom for a late dinner and even later Disney fun! I'll feel better tomorrow. Positive thinking!



No comments:

Post a Comment