Pages

Monday 28 March 2016

Vacation Blog VI continues as we take relaxation up a notch or two

Sunday, March 27th
Oh, one thing I forgot to post in yesterday’s blog is this short video of the nighttime view from our balcony. IMO, this would be in the dictionary under “relaxing”.



7:45 AM – After a decent if not world-class sleep, I’m up and looking for some water and the advil to counter last night’s wine-fest. I don’t really get “hangovers” like a lot of people do, I’m very very lucky. However, from time to time if I have over indulged the night before, I’ll wake up feeling just a tad dehydrated with a mild headache. That’s the case today. It will probably be gone in an hour.

8:45 AM – As I’m sitting here on our ridiculously huge balcony (seriously, there’s room for a roman orgy on this thing), the amount of peace and tranquility I am experiencing is almost disturbing. Just sitting here listening to the sound of the waves being created by the ship, looking back at where we have traveled and seeing absolutely nothing but miles of blue water is quite incredible. I’m sure there’s a metaphor in there somewhere if I look for it. I’m too relaxed to bother looking.

9:30 AM – Tracey, who didn’t sleep well at all, is awake and ready to go have breakfast. We hit up the buffet, which is just as good for breakfast as it was at lunch yesterday. What a difference between this breakfast buffet and yesterday’s debacle.

10:30 AM – Next Tuesday we are having dinner once again at Victoria & Albert’s, the five star restaurant in the Grand Floridian Hotel. They called last night to confirm and to take care of any allergies, etc, but I missed the call so I called them back while sitting on our balcony. Since we have dined with them before they already knew about Tracey’s shellfish allergy and her lack of enthusiasm for all things that come out of the water (except Ariel and especially Prince Eric), so the call is fairly quick; which is a good thing, considering that I am on a cruise ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and cell reception is pretty spotty. In fact we do get disconnected the first time but the second call goes through without a hitch.

11:00 AM – Tracey decides to lay down for a well-deserved nap while I continue to type up the blog while sitting here enjoying a pop and the peace of the beautiful water and the complete lack of anyone else around. If there are any guests in any of the neighboring suites, I can’t hear or see them. I feel completely alone on this enormous ship. Pretty freaking awesome.

I don’t even need my sunglasses now as we are heading into the sun, so the back of the ship is cool and pleasant. Humid? Yes. Muggy and gross? Not at all.

I am so relaxed right now I could easily fall asleep mid sent

2:15 PM – Awake from my rather generous nap and we are off to the buffet to grab lunch. Just a light snack as we have dinner reservations at 5:30.

3:00 PM – Back in the room and the sun is now pounding down on our balcony so Tracey is headed out there to read and catch some rays. She comes in a couple hours later to have a shower – the second one in about four hours – because it is, as she puts it, “hot yoga” hot on the balcony. Yikes.

Oh and I am waking up from my second nap of the day. QUIT LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT YOU JUDGEMENTAL BASTARDS. I’m on vacation.

5:30 PM – With one of those amazing Chardonnays in hand, we arrive at another one of the free dining rooms for dinner. This one is just as nice as last night’s, but different. The food is also very good, although probably not quite up to yesterday’s standards, but I did thoroughly enjoy the lobster. Everything was presented in a Michelin-star caliber fashion; I rarely take pictures of food, but I was tempted to tonight.

Sitting right behind Tracey was a guy who I swear was RGIII. At least I was sure it was him until I heard someone else say to him “I know you want to play football, but get your education first”. He was almost a dead ringer though.

7:00 PM – We get back to our room just in time to get a look at the sun setting into the cloudy horizon. It’s incredible how fast that happens. In minutes it’s gone.
(I'll upload a sunset pic later)

The rest of the evening we relax in our room, reading and enjoying the peace. That has to be the 18th time I’ve used the word “peace” in this blog, which is telling.


To bed at a nice early hour, aided by sleeping pills and some nighttime cough syrup, we are both hoping for a better sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment