Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Engemoen Six Pack Challenge (TM), Day 2.....

Woo-hoo, I'm already 1/3 of the way!!!

6:00 PM Class, Bikram Yoga Chilliwack (90 mins)

Teacher: Leslie

Trying to think of something more interesting to say than "same as yesterday"....but it was pretty much the same as yesterday. Knee a bit better but I still took "fixed firm" a little easy, shoulder still better but not quite 100%.

Leslie did pay me a nice compliment today, asking me what I was doing to lose weight as it was very noticeable that I've lost quite a bit of weight since they bought the studio, which was only a month ago! My scale doesn't quite agree with that, but it's nice to hear. I guess I'm doing something right.

I hate this pose:


This isn't even the full expression of the pose.....after this, she is supposed to put her head right down to her knee. My big problem isn't so much this part of the pose, it's just getting my damn foot up. It's not a flexibility issue with me, I've been blessed with pretty good flexibility for a big guy, I think it's just a size issue. My huge leg rams into my huge chest, making it particulaly difficult to get my not-particularly-long arms under my foot (see the larger woman to the back and right of the main woman in this picture....that's pretty much me, other than the "woman" part).

Tomorrow if I can make it work in my schedule, I'm going to stop at my old studio in White Rock on the way home.

Wasn't really expecting today to feel much different than yesterday, but I'm quite curious to see if day 4, 5 and 6 feel and different. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment