Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

The Amazing Vacation Blog, Day Niner !

7:30 AM - I'm awake and I have an epiphany. Our plan today was for Tracey to sleep until whenever, and then we'd go into the park in the afternoon. I decided it was a better idea to split up the day; go into the park early and go back to the room when we get worn out, then back into the park for dinner and World of Color.

9:00 AM - I wake Tracey up, only to find out she didn't get to sleep until around 4 AM. Oops. I am going to pay for that, I suspect. Grumpy Bear is still hibernating but 5 hours sleep might change that in a hurry.....

10:00 AM - We are off, into California Adventure. It's not that busy today so we manage to hit a lot of the big rides, including Soarin' and Radiator Springs Racers. Stifling heat today again. We do the best we can to stay hydrated and see as much as we can before we pass out.

On the way back to the room, we see a lady patting herself down in a panic, then exclaim "OH GOD WHERE IS MY PHONE?!?!?"

It was next to her ear. She was ON the phone.

3:00 PM - Back in the room to shower and relax a bit before heading back to the furnace, er, park for dinner. Tracey has been a real trooper so far, making it through the day without one appearance of Grumpy Bear; of course, when I ask her to go back into the heat I may see the debut of Husband Murdering Bear but we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.

4:50 PM - Tracey gets up without incident or any sign of violence, and hits the shower. We have reservations for 6 PM at Wine Country Trattoria, which comes with entry into a preferred viewing area for World of Color.

6:00 PM - Dinner at Wine Country Trattoria, and Disney tried to murder my wife. There must have been some kind of cross contamination with shellfish and she broke out in some pretty serious hives. All I could think was "man, I'm going to get free passes FOR LIFE!!!!". No such luck though, as she was fine within an hour or so. Dinner itself, aside from the near death, was excellent as usual. We both had a chicken dish which was just superb. Add to that a pretty darn good bottle of Far Niente Chardonnay, and we left satisfied and alive.

7:30 PM - We have a few minutes before we need to get to our viewing area for World of Color and we are still crazy hot so we decide to go on the Ariel's Undersea Journey ride, for the second time today. It's a good ride and most importantly, it's really cool inside. In this heat, it's nice to really go "under the sea". Darling, it's better down where it's wetter, take it from me.

There is only really one positive thing coming out of this heat wave: boobies. Seriously, I don't go to Disneyland to ogle beautiful young women in very little clothing.....it's just a fringe benefit.

8;15 PM - World of Color, which Tracey correctly described as "jaw-dropping". If you haven't seen it, you need to. This was our second viewing and it was even better than the first time. Wow. Just wow. We were in the front row where signs told us "you WILL get wet". We did, a bit, like a mist or gentle rain. It was the best I've felt in a week.

9:00 PM - Bedtime and I am going to make the wife take a sleeping pill and get some sleep. Tomorrow morning comes soon and I don't like my chances of keeping Grumpy Bear hibernating for TWO days in a row!!! She didn't come out once today, despite very little sleep and incredible heat. My wife rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment