Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

We have reached double digits of joy and merriment!

7:45 AM - We are up and preparing to head down to DCA for "early morning magic"...basically we get into the park at 9AM, one hour before the general public. We put that hour to good use, doing Toy Story again, plus Screamin' and Tower of Terror.

Oh, and it was brought to my attention that I failed to mention in yesterday's blog that Tracey kicked my ass at Toy Story. This is true; she beat me like a red-headed stepchild. It was one of the worst performances of my Toy Story career.

Today I gained a modicum of revenge winning a narrow victory; however, one of the screens didn't work so we were playing that level blind, so really that constitutes an unofficial game. We'll have to try one more time.

10AM - Just as the park opens to the public we are out; off to the Rainforest Cafe for breakfast. Remember when the Rainforest Cafe seemed to be taking over the world? They were everywhere (including Metrotown). Now, notsomuch. There are around 20 of them left. We always get a pretty good meal here though, and today was no exception.

Right after breakfast we hop onto the Monorail and head into Disneyland to cross a few more things off our list. We try the old "divide and conquer" routine; I head to Space Mountain to get Fastpasses and Tracey hops in line at Alice and Wonderland. After Alice we hit a few more of the rides in Fantasyland before using up our passes on Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. I confess that the "Ghost Galaxy" part of this ride does nothing for me. Space Mountain is pretty awesome by itself; this is one ride that gains nothing by "Halloweening" it up.

2:00 PM - After a few hours in the park we head back to the hotel and hit the pool for a little more RnR. It's another scorcher today; the heat (and Florida-esque humidity) is more than just a nuisance at this point....it's become a character in our little drama. And a much more frequent character than the ones we usually see in the parks. I can only imagine how hot the cast members must be in those outfits. Ouch.

7:30 PM - We had  a great meal at Catal earlier this trip so we decided to go back. Part of it, of course, was the opportunity to take one of our Napa-bought bottles to dinner and pay no corkage fee. Tonight we took the Silver Oak 1999 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. OMFG. Amazing. It didn't really pair well with our dinner, but we knew that in advance (we both knew we were having the risotto, which was quite lemony and would pair better with a citrus-y white) and saved most of the wine for after dinner. Fabulous.

After dinner we wandered up and down Downtown Disney for a while before settling down at the Uva Bar for another drink or six. I enjoyed a couple nice glasses of wine while Tracey went crazy with Sangria and a mojito.

11:20 PM - This might be the latest I've been awake since the Carter administration. That is probably a slight exaggeration, but only slight. Hey I have no problem being up late, back in my youth I was quite the night owl, but my issue is that my body is probably going to wake me up at 6 AM as usual. We'll see........planning to sleep in a bit tomorrow if allowed to do so!



No comments:

Post a Comment