Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Amazing Vacation Blog (TM)

Hey don't bust my balls about the title of the blog. If Sony Pictures can re-boot the Spider-Man franchise after three movies, I can damn well reboot my vacation blog.

Monday, September 8th

And awayyyyyyyyyy we go.....

10:30 AM - We're in the car and on the way, a half hour AHEAD of schedule. Definitely a first. Big lineup at the Sumas border crossing but thanks to NEXUS, we are through in a breeze. I'm driving the first leg of the journey, just for kicks and giggles. As regular readers know, I'm not the driver in the family, but I thought I'd give Tracey the morning off.

1:30 PM - THREE HOURS!!! I deserve a medal. Tracey's turn.

2:30 PM - Tracey's driving while someone a couple cars ahead of us loses control (blown tire) and boots over to the shoulder, sending debris everywhere, including a large rock which bounces in front of the car, then under the car making quite a large noise. This will become relevant later.....

8:30 PM - We stop in Sutherlin for gas and a burger for dinner. After we come out of the restaurant, I notice a puddle under the car. Oh boy. We move the car and Tracey investigates.....it's definitely not oil, seems to actually be water. We just had our windows washed, hopefully it's just the remnants of the water that has dripped through. Hopefully.

9:30 PM - We pull off at Grand Forks for the night. We check into a very nice La Quinta and park right in front of the lobby to unload. When we move the car.....MORE WATER!! Oh boy, that's not leftovers from windows that were washed an hour ago. Not good. Anyway, there isn't much we can do about it at this point, might as well relax for the evening and try to get a good sleep. Hopefully we'll still have a drive-able car in the morning and we'll take it to the local Honda dealership to get it checked out. If this turns into a huge repair bill, it's going to put quite a dent in this vacation.

On an interesting note, tomorrow morning's breakfast at Denny's will be my 9th or 10th visit to the Denny's in Grand Forks, Oregon. I cannot explain that, as I've never stayed overnight here before as far as I can remember.

.....then I find out that it turns out we get breakfast with our room, so much for Denny's 10th visit!!!

Off to bed, hoping for good news tomorrow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment