Pages

Sunday 21 September 2014

The Amazing Vacation Blog (TM), Day Fourteen!

8:45 AM - Up for today's relaxing day of football and notice that the wife is already up; that either means she's REALLLLY looking forward to today's day of football or, more likely, she had a terrible sleep and is just up.

It's the latter.

After I cook up an omelet and some bacon for breakfast, we do a little channel surfing only to find out the only game being televised here is San Diego at Buffalo. I'd rather drink turpentine than watch that abortion. This actually reminds me of my childhood and the reason I absolutely despise the Seahawks...back in the day, before the NFL Sunday Ticket package existed, the Seahawks were always the only game we were able to watch. Being a 49ers fan (who were in the same time zone and who's games were generally on at the same time as the 'Hawks) it was pretty damn irritating to never get to watch my team (and remember, the Niners were dominant then and the Hawks were a joke, so that made it even worse) on TV and constantly be subjected to the clowns from Seattle.

So now you know the genesis for my Seahawks hatred. Oh, and I also want to set the 12th man on fire, so there's that. Oh, and the steroids. Let's not forget the steroids.

1:00 PM - I head off to the bedroom to watch the Niners/Cardinals while Tracey stays in the living room to watch the Broncos and Seahawks. It occurs to me that if we were home, we'd be watching both of these games at the same time in our living room. Watching them in two different rooms is not quite the same.

We're having hot dogs for lunch, we picked up all the necessary goodies for hot dogs at Target the other day.....except for wieners. Hmm. That's a fairly important ingredient in hot dogs. Without the wiener, I believe it's just called a "mustard bun". Guess I'll head down to the market here at the resort to pick some up.

4:30 PM - After watching the Broncos make a miracle comeback only to lose to the Seahawks in overtime, I have to clean up the blood splatters and broken pieces of the TV.

6:00 PM - Tracey is cooking Filet Mignon with mashed potatoes for dinner, while I crack open a nice bottle of Syrah we picked up at Miner Family Vineyards in Napa.

Dinner is lovely and the wine goes excellent with the steak. Man I sure wish it were easier to find these wines in Canada. Although we tried to focus our Napa tastings on wineries that we could find back home, there are still only certain wines available; it's not like we can find Joseph Phelps' entire portfolio. The Syrah we are having tonight, and last night's beautiful Cabernet Franc, are impossible to find. I need to make some friends who live just across the border in Bellingham or Sumas.

Outside of the wieners trip, I didn't leave the room today (and Tracey didn't at all). Now THAT'S a pretty good vacation Sunday!!!

Hopefully we can both get an excellent sleep tonight, as our intention is to go back to the Safari Park tomorrow morning to try to catch up on some animals we missed the other day. Since the animals tend to be more active in the morning, we're hoping to get some action!!





No comments:

Post a Comment