Pages

Thursday 18 September 2014

The Amazing Vacation Blog (TM), Day Eleven!

8:30 AM - Well I suppose that's what I'm going to consider a "sleep-in" on this trip. Tracey wants to sleep a bit later so I get dressed and head out to Disneyland to hit the rides she doesn't care for. Well, ride, actually, just Star Tours. Normally the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage would also fall onto that list but it's down for refurbishment this month.

After the ride, I am hungry so I have a cinnamon bun and a corn dog. Breakfast of Champions. God DAMN they are good.

Still hot today but much more manageable. Probably 7-8 degrees cooler than yesterday.

11:40 AM - Hmm. No water in the room. Call the front desk and apparently a pipe burst so we are going to be without water for a couple hours. No huge deal as we are heading out for lunch anyway.

12:00 PM - Lunch at Tortilla Jo's. Tracey orders a tamale, the same thing she had the last time we were here. For those of you (like me) not familiar with tamales, they are served inside a banana leaf, which you don't eat. She notices that this time they unwrapped the banana leaf before bringing it to her. She comments that it is probably because so many "gringos" tried to eat the banana leaf. She's probably right.

After lunch, back to the pool, our last opportunity at this beautiful pool this trip. I last for an hour or so before retiring back to the room for a little nap. Tracey hangs out for a couple more hours. She LOVES her pool time. She doesn't really "tan", but she does have a bit of a hue :-)

4:30 PM - Tracey returns to the room just as I'm waking up. Time to pack as tonight is our last night here, for now. We are off to our resort in Escondido tomorrow but we return here for the last night on our vacation, which happens to be our 10th wedding Anniversary.

We are just hanging out in the room tonight, watching some football and having a relaxing evening. Tracey picked Tampa Bay to win in her office pool; as I write this, they are down 35-0 at halftime.

I guess I should confess I convinced her to pick the Bucs :-)

7:00 PM - I head up to Earl of Sandwich to pick up some dinner, neither of us is crazy hungry after our big lunch. It hits the spot just perfectly.

What a terrific vacation so far; tomorrow after we check out we are going back into one of the parks to have another great day before heading down to Escondido to start the third leg of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment