Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

California Trip, Day 7

7:20 AM - Up and at 'em.......but the wife gets to sleep in today, so I'm off on my own. I have breakfast and take the Monorail into Disneyland to catch a couple of rides that the wife isn't so crazy about (Star Tours being front and centre on that list). I do that and then head out to do a little shopping at World of Disney and then head back up to the room. By this time Tracey is already at the pool; I swear that woman could spend all day down there. Every day.

11:30 AM - I go down to the pool to join her. It's another gorgeous, hot day in Southern California. Ho-hum. After a little swimming and hot tubbing (and lunch), I head back up to the room to have a little nap before we head out for the evening.

1:15 PM - When I get back to the room, the housekeeping staff is just finishing up our room. I resist the urge to have sex with the Portugese cleaning lady.

Seinfeld fans are laughing now, the rest of you probably just said "huh? What did he just say????".

1:45 PM - After a small stop at Haagen Dazs (don't tell the wife, she will not be happy that I am out-Dazsing her 3 to 2) and a walk up to Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen to peruse the lunch menu for tomorrow, I'm back up to the room to try to sleep for an hour or so.

3:30 PM - Up and ready for dinner. The nap was good, but I'm missing that "super nap" so far this trip. You know the kind of nap I mean....when you lay down for an hour and it turns into 4. I suspect I may not get that until next week when we go to the resort. Oh the horror.

4:10 PM - Early dinner reservations at Wine Country Trattoria in DCA. After trying a wine flight of 3 Italian wines, we end up with a bottle of Napa Valley Pinot Noir. The Italian wines weren't that impressive; particularly the Chianti, which was really weak. Apparently Chianti isn't the same without some fava beans and the liver of a census taker.

As an added bonus, we are seated at a table right along the parade route, and we get a bird's eye view of the Pixar Play Parade as we finish our dessert. And by dessert, I mean the World's Largest Piece of Tiramisu. Tracey only eats about half of it, and considering how much she loves tiramisu, that should tell you how big that thing was.

OH.....and do you remember a couple days ago when I mentioned that Tracey went on a ride at Knott's Berry Farm that took her 301 feet in the air? Check this out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/knotts-berry-farm-windseeker-stranded_n_1898952.html

This is the same ride. Two days later, people were stranded 300 feet in the air for 4 hours. I cannot possibly imagine how ballistic I would have gone if I were on the ground watching my wonderful wife sit 300 feet in the air for 4 hours. Existing technology wouldn't be able to measure how crazy I would have become.

5:30 PM - We are done with dinner and head back to the room to watch the Giants on Thursday Night Football, only to realize that we can't GET the game in our room, as it is only shown on the NFL Network. So, we head up to the ESPN Zone to watch the game and have a libation or two. Or three.

8:15 PM - The Giants are clobbering the Panthers so no need to stay and see the end of the game. We are back in the room, time to relax and enjoy the evening. We only have one more FULL day here before we have to check out of the hotel, so tomorrow is going to be a big day!! Tracey is going to have to get up early again. She can do it, I have faith in her!!!! YAY Tracey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment