Pages

Sunday 25 November 2018

Vacation Blog X, Part 10, our first full day at this spectacular resort!

Sunday, November 25th

7:18 AM - Oh man that was a half-decent sleep but it could have been SOOOOO much better without the damn basketball squeaking. I am not feeling any better, but I'm not any worse either. This cold is irritating but isn't going to interfere with our fun. We are well prepared, as my amazing wife brought a shitload of cold and cough medicine "just in cases"....even though neither of us felt sick before the trip. Thank goodness.

I turn on the TV to check out what games we are going to be able to watch this morning and it is.... oh FFS.....Panthers vs. Seahawks OR Jets vs. Patriots. Jesus H Christ.

Well, we didn't finish the wrestling event before bed last night, so we will watch that this morning instead, and hopefully we get a half decent game to watch this afternoon.

9:20 AM - Tracey is up, and she is not feeling any better either. We are not going to let these colds ruin our trip; I guess we are lucky that our only real plans this week are to have no plans. At some point, we'd like to get on a boat out on the water, but if we don't, we will still have a great week. If the colds cause us to relax a bit more than we were going to, well, no biggie. Relaxation is what we are here for anyway!

The afternoon football game is Steelers/Broncos, so at least that is moderately interesting. We were sure hoping to get our Colts on TV but we have to follow that one play-by-play on NFL.com. Both teams we wanted to win DID win, so that's something at least.

3:00 PM - I head out to pick up a couple more things that we need for the week while Tub Bear makes another appearance. That bathtub is going to be so well used this week they may have to replace it by the time we leave.

4:45 PM - A relaxing evening awaits. I'm making dinner while the wife chills out on the awesome sofa. Decanting a beautiful bottle of wine to go with the dinner I am preparing, New York Steaks with a Merlot reduction. Also going to do something with some beautiful fresh shrimp I bought yesterday. They cost me about 1/3 of what they would cost me back home.

6:30 PM - Dinner was OK, but not what I was hoping for. Honestly I think the main effect this cold is having on us is affecting our appetites, as I really didn't eat much today but wasn't really feeling the dinner. I made the recipe by memory and I know I didn't get it 100% right but it should have been better than that. Note to self: Digitize and save all your favorite recipes so you'll have them when traveling. Dumbass.

7:30 PM - Wish I had something interesting to say, but we are basically sitting here doing nothing. Sure, we are finishing off a special bottle of wine, but not much else. My cold is turning into a cough, so I got that going for me. F***. Hope that subsides soon.

7:47 PM - Well YAWN that's a big day, time for bed. What, you don't usually go to bed before 8 PM? Hooligans.

Until tomorrow.....


No comments:

Post a Comment