Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Vacation Blog X, Part 6, same Island, different city, this mornng it's Kona!

Wednesday, November 21

7:02 AM - Well THAT is a damn good sleep, first one of the cruise. Combined with the 3 hour pre-dinner nap last night, I feel well rested which is a rarity for me.

Quickly get up and try to gather my gym clothes quietly so as not to wake up Tracey. I end up putting on my shoes and socks outside so I don't have to sit down on the bed and try to navigate that in the dark. I have a great pair of shoes, but they are the toughest running shoes to put on.

8:00 AM - Back from the gym and Tracey is awake. Unfortunately she had a lousy sleep so I hop in the shower and head out to the balcony so that she can hopefully get back to sleep.

Tracey has her spa day today, and I suspect this will be a lazy day for me, laying on the balcony, drinking wine and eating whatever the heck I want. Since we are going to be in Kona for an entire week in a few days, no need to go ashore today.

I am up and trying to sit on the balcony but it is actually too hot to sit out here for long. Since I can't really sit inside without waking up Tracey, I decide to go to the buffet and grab some breakfast. I also grab a huge plate of meat and cheese, to go into our fridge for my "wine and cheese" afternoon. Of course, if it stays this hot, I'll probably be eating cheese and drinking wine while sitting on the bed in our air conditioned suite.

I am just standing on the balcony, at the railing where the breeze makes it bearable. I see a ship headed our way, and I'm pretty sure we are about to be boarded by Somali Pirates.

Oh, nevermind, just a parasailer. My bad.

Hey, parasailer: I'm your Captain now.

9:45 AM - Tracey is up, as rested as she's going to get at this point, and we head back to the buffet so she can eat. Since a ton of the guests have gone ashore, we almost have the place to ourselves.

11:25 AM - Back on the balcony, trying to read some Emails and relax a little bit while sweat pours off my forehead. What a beautiful day this is, hardly a cloud in the sky, and hot. The best day of the trip so far.

Tracey is getting ready to go out again as we are going to have a quick bite for lunch so that she doesn't get hungry during her spa day, which starts at 1:30. Tracey said that the pool was warmer yesterday so I might go for a little dip while she is at her spa day....before I come back and get my wine and cheese on, of course.

2:00 PM - Lunch is done, a bit of poolin' is done, now I think some wine and goodies are in order. Tracey is undoubtedly enjoying her facial at the spa by now.

4:10 PM - Tracey returns from her facial and body scrub and proclaims "I am so soft!!!"

Insert joke here.

Anyway, she had a great experience, and that is all that matters. There are many more great experiences awaiting us on the last 10 days of the trip.

5:45 PM - To dinner, another fantastic meal.

6:45 PM - OOOOOOOOO I ate too much. I have "overindulging belly".

Back to the room to relax for a little while, there is an art exhibit at 8:30 we plan to go to. If we are still up. I mean, we are old as fuck.

The ship is on it's way to the next port, and it's windy again. Don't Come A'Knockin if this Boat's-A-Rockin', because I may be tossing my cookies overboard.

8:30 PM - Up to the art gallery where we check out the Thomas Kincade show. I know that Kinkade isn't exactly Claude Monet.....but we like some of his stuff, and we particularly love the Disneyland 50th Anniversary limited edition work that hangs over our fireplace, so we thought we'd check it out. And, hey, his stuff is still a tad bit cheaper than Monet.

It's all good stuff, and there is one piece in particular that speaks to me, but the "sale price" on that piece is $4600 before taxes and shipping. Convert that to CAD and add duty, and we're looking at close to $8,000. It's not a real hard decision to pass that up.

Back to the room to relax for a few minutes and hit the sack. Tomorrow we get to sleep late and relax, as our excitement for the day doesn't being until the sun goes down: A Hawaiian luau!!



No comments:

Post a Comment