Pages

Friday 30 November 2018

Vacation Blog X, Part 15: Engemoens, ask not for whom the vacation bell tolls....it tolls for thee....

6:30 AM - Apparently my body is already back on "mainland time", which I suppose is a good thing given that we fly home tomorrow.

I had not seen any wild cats since we arrived on this island, but just now I saw three of them sauntering along the golf cart path towards the first hole. I assume they are going to try to get in nine holes before the humans awake.

I am assuming they are wild cats, because this resort (like most) doesn't allow pets. Having said that, they certainly looked well fed and healthy, unlike that cat we met at the docks. One of them even looked chubby, although that could have just been a preponderance of fur.

You realize that tomorrow is December, right? Of course you do, you have probably been putting up with typical November weather for weeks. I am sitting on my patio, in shorts and a tank top. Tomorrow, I may very well be drowning.

WHY DO WE NOT LIVE HERE?!??!?!?!?

Sigh.

We will do most of our packing today I'm sure, but we don't have to hurry tomorrow, our flight doesn't leave until 2:30 PM so we can still have a nice, relaxing morning.

10:00 AM - They are holding some sort of aquafit class in our pool. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, but they've been doing it for about an hour and a half. OK, old people, that's enough. You must be fit by now.

Guy just teed off and immediately yelled "Oh Shit. FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE!"

And no, it wasn't me. I am trying to watch where he is headed, it looks like he sliced his drive into another time zone. He looks to actually be leaving the course and going into the suites. Either he gave up, or he put his ball into someone's living room.

10:30 AM - Logged into the Alaska Airlines site to check on the flight and it asked me if I was interested in switching to an earlier flight. Interesting, since as far as I know there is only one direct flight per day from Kona to Seattle. Hmm. Turns out there is a red-eye tonight, leaving at 11:10 PM. After checking with the wife, we decide to switch and come home a bit early. It will be nice to be home tomorrow afternoon instead of getting home in the wee smalls on Sunday morning....and best of all, we still get our entire day here to relax, hit the pool, whatever we want!

11:00 AM - To the pool!!

11:45 AM - To the hot tub!!

12:00 PM - Um. Clouds? Who ordered those? Can't we wait just one more day? I guess this is Hawaii's way of making us feel at home.

1:00 PM - Back to the room to relax, have lunch, pack and just generally unwind.

3:00 PM - Pretty much packed up and ready to go, although we don't need to think about actually leaving until 8:30 or 9.

Went out to put the first couple of suitcases in the car, and fill up the gas tank. As I got back and turned left into our complex, I felt an intense feeling of sadness; that is the last time I'll be turning into this wonderful place for quite some time. This is a hard place to leave.

4:30 PM - The wife goes to lay down for a pre-dinner nap and I am just sitting here on the patio, enjoying the sites and the serenity. It is a little busier today, given that it's Friday, but this week we have been alone in the pool on several occasions. At it's busiest, we had to share the giant pool area with up to 7 other people.

5:15 PM - About to start on dinner, and then we will finish packing and relax until it's time for our flight. If anything interesting happens tonight, I'll do an "EpiBlog" tomorrow, but excluding that, this is it for Vacation Blog X.

Thanks for reading!

Until next time.....

The Dean.


No comments:

Post a Comment