Pages

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Vacation Blog X, Part 12, Payroll Day, and then, pool pool pool pool pool

7:00 AM - Up at a reasonable hour after a pretty decent sleep. It's 9 AM back home so I am going to log onto my work computer and hope that I have all the timesheets I need to process this week's Payroll so I can get that done and get on with the business of eating and drinking and pooling.

9:00 AM - Wife is awake, just as I finish Part 1 of the Payroll....just need it audited and then I can finish it up. She is feeling about the same as I am this morning.....no better, no worse.

Looking at our fridge and cupboards and realizing that we bought wayyyyyyyyy too much food. I guess we could eat it all before we leave on Saturday, if we start eating 5 meals a day. Maybe 6.

11:00 AM - Woo-hoo! Finished 90% of the Payroll stuff I need to do; the important stuff, anyway, The last little bit I can do in the morning. At least everyone (including me) gets paid this week.

The wife is already at the pool, and has been for an hour. I will be heading there soon!

12:15 PM - Good grief that pool is awesome. I'm back in the room for a few minutes to make us some lunch, but I am definitely not done with that pool today.

Cooking up some lunch and decided to hack into my finger as well as the peppers. Ouch. HOLY SHIT OUCH.

Honestly it doesn't look that bad but I have never seen so much blood. It. Just. Won't. Stop. Bleeding!

Gotta get the wife back from the pool so I can go and get some more bandages and gauze. I put on 5 bandages....FIVE....and it bleeds through them in seconds.

2:00 PM - Finger is well wrapped up (trying to type now is quite a challenge) but at least I was able to finish lunch and open the wine. That could have been a catastrophe!

3:00 PM - I am fingig it harldt o type prorperl riwth a hug bandage on my injur tinger.



3:30 PM - Wife goes back to the pool and I decide it's time to take off the gauze and huge bandages and "downsize" a bit. I put on 4-5 waterproof bandages and that seems to be enough. It is STILL bleeding.

3:40 PM - Into the pool for a few minutes, holding that finger out of the water. All the other guests must think I am telling them that they are "Number 1"! Too bad it's not my middle finger.

3:45 PM - Hmm. Blood starts to seep out of the bandages. OK I guess my pool day is done.

I leave Pool Bear in her favorite place and go to the front desk to see if they have a First Aid kit. I really need medical tape to hold the gauze in place but the store did not sell it. They don't have one but Security does, so they call him to come and help me out. He asks me if I want to write up a report for the injury.

I give him the report:

"Idiot guest chops off fingernail with butcher knife".

End of report.

He laughs and accompanies me back to our suite to help me apply the gauze and the medical tape. That seems to stem the flow of blood finally. We will see. He leaves me a bunch more tape so that I can change the bandage at least once more later. I am really stunned to see that it is still bleeding, hours later. It is just not that bad of a cut.

3:53 PM - Well it's been eight minutes since I put the bandage on, and so far no blood has soaked through the gauze and medical tape. Progress, maybe?

6:00 PM - No blood. My finger is wrapped in gauze and a generous amount of medical tape, but it seems as if that has solved the problem. The Security guard actually asked me if I was on blood thinners, to explain why it was still bleeding hours later.

6:05 PM - The wife has made a lovely dinner of Filet Mignon (I had to type that 7 times with this damn bandage on) with potatoes and another terrific bottle of wine. What a trip we are having.

7:00 PM - OK I am uploading this blog and giving up on trying to say anything funny with this damn bandage on my finger. I expect to wake up tomorrow rested and with a perfectly healed finger. Dare to dream.

Until tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment