Pages

Monday 26 November 2018

Vacation Blog X, Part 11, SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I DO NOT LIVE HERE!!!

Monday, November 26th

OK I actually know why I don't live here, I would have to be independently wealthy because I am Canadian and it would be next to impossible to get a job here.

BUT IF I WAS AMERICAN I WOULD PACK UP THE FAMILY UNIT AND MOVE HERE TOMORROW.

Actually, I would send the wife back to the mainland to pack up our stuff and bring the pets. I would never leave.

Paradise.

I wake up, not feeling better but no worse either. The cough is a bit worse. Tracey wakes up with a bit of a cough too. We are still determined to not let it kill our enjoyment of this spectacular resort.

So today we did a little shopping at a couple of beautiful little "Resort malls", and that sounds like they are small but not at all. These two shopping complexes, which are about 2 blocks from each other, are reminiscent of the outdoor malls in Vegas.

One of the has a beautiful little koi pond. I have never seen 'koi' like this.



There were 6-7 of these huge beautiful fish in there.

Each one of these malls has a Sunglass Hut. In case, I suppose, someone is stupid enough to come to Hawaii without sunglasses.

It is so beautiful and warm here that I honestly occasionally forget what time of year it is. This was a reminder.



The second shopping centre we went to also had a "Luxury Theatre". The advertisements suggest they don't have theatre chairs, they have leather loveseats. Wow.

After our shopping excursion I head up to the nearest pharmacy to refill our depleted stock of medicine while Tracey hits the pool.

On the way up there, I have to stop and take video of this.

Because, sure, why wouldn't there be a family of pygmy goats on the side of the road, enjoying a tasty snack??

When I get back, I join her at the pool for a while. It is a SPECTACULAR pool. I do not know what the perfect pool temperature it is, but THIS IS IT. Fabulous. The pool is almost empty, and it also features the biggest hot tub I have ever seen. We are going to be here quite a bit this week.

I return to the suite and log on to get a bit of work done. Since I am a 1-man department, I need to run our Payroll this week. My boss is quite competent and could do it if necessary, but he has enough to worry about without doing my job too. And is there a better place to work than from the patio of a 5-star resort, overlooking the pool?

SHHHHH....this is something you almost never see. It's POOL BEAR, in her natural habitat!!

4:00 PM - Finally done what I can do for work today and Pool Bear is still thoroughly enjoying her afternoon. As I look over there, I notice that the pool is now filled with gross, slimy, little people. You guessed it: children.

Parents, we have discussed this before. My favorite vacation spots are no place for your children. Hawaii is no place for children. Disneyland is no place for children. Disneyworld is no place for children.

Want a nice vacation?  I hear that kids absolutely LOVE Little Rock, Arkansas. And Newark! C'mon, who doesn't love Newark?? Or the big ball of twine in Minneapolis. Why not take them to North Dakota, on an educational tour of all the locations in the classic film Fargo??

Yah, real good now, yah.

5:35 PM - I am trying to make some rice with the rice cooker provided, and without the instructions, it's not as easy as you might think. First batch came out undercooked.

6:00 PM - After putting the rice back into the cooker for a second go-round, and then microwaving it for 2 minutes, it turned out pretty damn good! Tracey had the rice with some chicken, I had it with shrimp and pineapple, and our little impromptu dinner turned out pretty good.

7:15 PM - I have been informed that if *I* do not have a bath tonight, then the "bathtub cannot go to waste" so I guess that the wife is headed back there.

Not much else exciting will happen tonight, I hope, so until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment