Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

It's WHAT time??

4:43 AM - Jesus it appears as if the plan to get ourselves on Eastern time worked a little quicker than expected! Our flight doesn't leave until 9:05 so I guess we are going to have a little time this morning. Too much time actually.

It was a bit chilly in the room last night so my lovely wife turned the heat up. Apparently she turned it to "broil" as its so hot in here I'm checking for fires. Pair that with the fact that those sleeping pills wear off after exactly 8 hours and here we are. My wife hasn't seen a time beginning with a 4 on a non-work day since, well, ever.

7:35 AM - at the airport, already had breakfast and are sitting at the gate. Still an hour before we are supposed to board. I guarantee when they call for the First Class passengers to board I am going to get up and Tracey is going to have to hold me back.

8:30 AM - we board right on time and take off a little early. I'll tell you, this IPad is the best travel aid  EVER. Four and a half hours on a plane, in COACH nonetheless, and it went very quickly. I watched The Descendants, played some games, and we had arrived before I knew it. Possibly the best flight I've ever had in Coach.

On the plane was a little 2-year old girl from the Make-A-Wish Foundation, travelling with her family on her first flight, on her first Disney trip. Sounds great until you consider why she would qualify for a Wish. Two years old. Heartbreaking. I hope she has an amazing time. Maybe we will run into her in the park. It will be easy to recognize her by the 50 pink balloons they gave her!

4:45 - as we land they tell us to pick up our luggage at carousel number 3. We head down there only to find that the bags coming into that carousel are (according to the sign, anyway) from 2 flights from Sao Paolo or Rio de Janeiro. Since I'm pretty sure we didn't come from either of those places, I'm not that hopeful we are going to be getting our bags here. An announcement comes on the PA that tells us they are still going to be at number three. I'm skeptical, since the last time we came here we ended up with a lost bag. Of course that was on Delta, the World's Worst Airline. Alaska knows what they are doing, as our bags arrive promptly on carousel 3. The sign never does change.

Tracey points out that even though I brushed my teeth and took 2 extra strength Frisk mints, she can still smell the cayenne on my breath. 2-3 more mints do the trick. Of course now my mouth is numb. Fabulous.

6:30 PM - after waiting 20 minutes for our rental car because it was being washed, and driving a bit of a scenic route because I must have somehow missed a turn, we arrive at our resort. It's been 4 years since we stayed here and I had forgotten how big and beautiful it is. Looking forward to exploring tomorrow!

7:45 PM - off to dinner at Olive Garden! mmmmmmmmmm breadsticks!!

7:46 PM - Jesus Christ. Lineup out the door, so well settle for going across the street to Applebee's.

7:46:30 PM - don't even get out of the car, just drive through the parking lot and head down the street to someplace we've heard of that isn't lined up. It's 8pm on a Sunday night, doesn't anyone in this town work tomorrow??????

We find TGI Friday's. Long story short, another crappy meal. My Cajun shrimp were bland. They should have borrowed some of the cayenne from last night's meal. Potato skins also bland. The Jack Daniels shrimp tasted OK but were overcooked and rubbery. Best thing I was served was, no lie, steamed broccoli. STEAMED BROCCOLI!!!
Tracey's meal was better than mine but only marginally. Definitely wont be back there.

11:00 PM - Back at the resort after picking up our groceries at Super Target. Target rules. Looking forward to our Target opening in Chilliwack later this year. Noticed that the Flames beat the Canucks
 tonight, that means I don't have to whine or pout and I'll sleep like a baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment