Pages

Thursday 7 March 2013

Orlando, day 5

9:45 AM - nice little sleep in this morning. It's almost like I'm on vacation. Oh and please don't feel the need to point out that I'm on vacation from nothing. That's the way I like it.

10 AM - the wife stirs. I make some pancakes for breakfast while The Process commences.

11:28 AM - The Process has been ongoing long enough that now I'm having lunch while the final stages are underway. Tracey isn't hungry enough for lunch so I make her a sandwich to take to the park with us. Definitely the first time we've ever taken food into a Disney park but lots of people do it. Eating every single meal in a Park would bankrupt most EU nations. At least the ones who aren't already bankrupt.

12:15 PM - we arrive at Disney's Hollywood Studios and are pleased to find that nobody had left a dirty diaper in the tram. Sad that this is our new standard.

We get to hit the Tower of Terror (still the only ride that truly scares me), the Aerosmith Rock N Roller Coaster (twice), and Toy Story Midway Mania. The most important piece of information is that I wrestled back the title of Toy Story King from my wife who was 2-time defending champion. I beat her like the red headed stepchild that she is.

She didn't much appreciate my celebratory dances, but that's just being a sore loser, IMHO.

We also stumble upon Wreck-It-Ralph and Venelope Von Schweetz who are posing for pictures so we hop into that line. I actually forgot they were Disney characters. Very cool.

5:30 PM - we have reservations at Mama Melrose's Italian Ristorante at 6:10 but they are able to get s in early which is good as we are hungry. Dinner is excellent, and we have a wine flight of so-so Italian wines, and a carafe of Sangria, to ensure we leave the park happy, as if we weren't already happy.

7:55 PM - back from the park and its time to wind down and get some sleep before tomorrow's big day of Butterbeer. Park opens at 9AM which means that Tracey has to get up at around 2:15 to get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment