Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

Orlando Day 15

8:35 AM - I'm up and finishing packing. Tracey has already begun The Process as we prepare to leave the resort. All the details have been finalized for checkout, we just need to drop the room keys with security on the way out. Flight is scheduled to leave at 6:45 so we have lots of time to have one more fun day before departing the Sunshine State.

9:50 AM - We are off and the resort portion of the vacation is officially over. We are headed to Epcot but first stop to play some mini golf. I won't say much about the golf because Tracey had one of the all time bad games that someone could have at Disney mini golf.

It wasn't all sunshine and roses for me though. This is me digging the ball out of the lake.



And this is me....well, you can tell what I'm doing.


Not sure exactly how the ball even managed to get in there, it seems to have defied the laws of physics.

How bad was it for Tracey?

See this fence that really isn't in play?


She manages to hit that fence, the ball ricochets back, nearly hits me in the nuts, and comes to rest here:


Good luck on your next shot, honey.


We leave the car there and walk to the Boardwalk, which is very nice, and do a little shopping. Next we are off to Epcot so we hop onto a boat that takes us right there. The BEST way to get into the parks! They have boats that can take you to three of the four major parks. Awesome.

When we get to Epcot we have a little time before our lunch reservation so we hit up a couple of the pavilions for some wine flights. The dessert wine flight from Germany was fantastic! Tracey also has a sample of Gewürztraminer and its very good. Who would have thought Germans could make Gewürztraminer??

We have lunch at San Angel Inn, inside the Mexico pavilion. Best authentic Mexican meal I've ever had. The only thing that Tracey's first husband (who was Guatemalan) left her with (thank Christ) was a fondness for Mexican food. This place is slightly better than my usual Mexican place, El Taco De Bell-o.

After lunch we meander back to the car and head to the airport. It has been a fabulous trip but time to get back to balmy Chilliwack, and 9 degrees and rain. Yee-freaking-ha.

5:40 PM - Sitting at the gate waiting to board. Tracey is thirsty so I offer to get go us drinks. My bad. She chooses something from StarSucks. I actually have to go up and order a "Venti Black Tea Lemonade Half Sweet". I feel like such an ass.

I get the only thing I would drink here, a bottle of water.

I will seriously never understand the success of this company.

6:00 PM - On the plane and we notice there is a menu for our dinner, we get the choice of Pork Tenderloin or Beef Wellington. We both select the Welly. It comes with a beautiful salad, mashed potatoes, and something called "Chocolate Decadence" for dessert. The best meal I've ever had on a plane. After dinner, we are presented with warm nuts (insert your own "warm salty nuts joke here") and a hot towel. I LOVE Alaska Airlines.

2:15 AM - Yeah I skipped a bit because we are finally home and time for bed. This was an absolutely fantastic trip.

Tomorrow I'll be posting all the pictures and details from our incredible dinner at Victoria & Albert's, so check back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment